Sof’Bag+ is an airless pouch-in-bottle packaging solution for prescription (Rx) and over-the-counter (OTC) formulations for dermal and transdermal application.Discover More
Convenient for patients, protective for formulations
The dermal application is a convenient non-invasive way to administer liquid sprays, lotions, gels, or creams to the skin for dermatological, anti-inflammatory or systemic treatments.
Our airless and atmospheric delivery devices are suitable for RX and OTC formulations and have all the documentation needed to be registered on regulated markets.
Sof’Airless XS+ is a protective mini-airless system to deliver gel and creams for small dose applications and sampling.Discover More
We provide a wide range of atmospheric pumps to deliver your liquid and viscous formulations in a comprehensive range of doses.Discover More
The Child Resistant Closure for Sof’Bag® is a ‘press and turn’ concept developed to prevent unwanted child opening while making it easy to manipulate for adults.Discover More
Integrated services from device selection to GMP manufacturing
We have developed end-to-end services and expertise in dermal drug delivery device development and device consulting, to complement our diverse portfolio of products and help you through every step of the journey.
We provide a full understanding of the patient journey and recommend user-related activities to further optimize patients’ experience for a specific drug/device combination product.
Testing services for customer formulations
Thanks to our high-end laboratory facilities, we propose device plus formulation test services, as well as test methods development for our customers’ needs.
Our systems aim to be used for all diseases for which the treatments can be administered via the skin:
- Hormonal disorders (hypogonadisms or menopausal symptoms)
- Psoriasis, an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation in the body, consisting of red, scaly plaques occurring most commonly on the elbows, knees, scalp, and lower back, but any skin surface can be involved. Psoriasis is estimated to affect 2–4% of the population of the western world.
- Eczema, a common chronic or recurrent inflammatory skin disease characterized by acute flare-ups of eczematous pruritic lesions over dry skin. It affects 15-20% of children and 1-3% of adults worldwide.
- Acne, a common chronic skin disease involving blackheads or whiteheads, pimples, oily skin, and possible scarring. Acne is estimated to affect 9.4% of the global population, making it the eighth-most prevalent disease worldwide.
- Hair loss.
- Topical pain, like painful muscles or joints.
Given most of these treatments are self-administered by the patient, convenience such as 360-degree usage and safety are important criteria to increase compliance rates.
An airless system is a drug delivery system dispensing the formulation without air intake. Different technology based on a pump exist.
At Nemera we propose pouch-in-bottle or piston-based systems.
Airless technology protects formulations (even the most sensitive ones) from oxygen, light and moisture.
This technology allows patients to use the devices in any position. Moreover, the package has an excellent restitution rate for optimal use of the product and minimized waste.
In the pouch-in-bottle technology, the formulation is dispensed out of a collapsing pouch encased inside a rigid bottle. By activating the pump, the formulation is extracted from the pouch and air only.
In the piston technology, when the formulation is dispensed the bottom piston rises.
In both technologies, no air enters in contact with the formulation.