Process engineering & industrialization
The harmonized process and assets for your device
Our process engineering and industrialization team develops custom approaches for all aspects of your manufacturing process utilizing a harmonized process that can be deployed at our global manufacturing sites.
The team utilizes a data-driven approach to discover and document the optimum process parameters for every project that integrates learnings from earlier stages of product development and collaboration with Insight Innovation Center to ensure a seamless handoff. This also extends to ensuring your own device design is appropriately integrated into our system to optimize it for high scale manufacturing.
Every aspect of the development of the overall process and strategy for molds and production assets such as fit for purpose machinery, testing systems, and final assembly are tailored to project specifications and monitored to mitigate risk, quality, as well drive both process and cost efficiency.
The result is a reliable and repeatable process that is as unique as your device.
Our capabilities include:
- DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
- Robust standard validation process
- Injection process design methodology
- Tactile and optical 3D measurement system
- Decoupled 2 process development
- Extensive use of DOEs to help define processes
- IQ/OQ/PQ protocols that ensure a robust production process
- Incorporation of “Advanced Process Monitoring”
- Archived data for continuous improvement and root cause analysis
Automation and Mold Sourcing
- Design for molding and mold flow analysis
- Design for automation
- Process and FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis)
- De-risking with pilot molds
- Global sourcing capability for molds and automation