The Safelia® autoinjector developed by Nemera wins the ‘Patient Centricity & Customization’ Innovation Award at PharmapackFebruary 3, 2017
A team of industry experts rewards Nemera’s autoinjector with a Pharmapack Award as best innovative product.
On February 1st, during the Award ceremony at Pharmapack, Safelia®, Nemera’s innovative autoinjector, was celebrated as a best in class innovation displayed at the show for “Patient Centricity & Customization”.
Safelia® is an innovative autoinjector for prefilled syringes, available for 1 and 2.25 ml sizes, suitable for large volume and high viscosity delivery through thinner needles. Safelia® can mechanically “tune” the injection thanks to design adjustments.
It has been designed to ease patients’ self-injection experience and to deliver the most challenging drugs, in subcutaneous or intramuscular layers.
Key benefits of Safelia®
- No initial injection peak
- Constant delivery flow
- Adjustable needle insertion speed
- Needle insertion disconnected from injection
- Automatic needle retraction
- Possibility to have thinner needles
- Syringe is held encapsulated through the barrel
- Syringe front housing
- No stress on the syringe flange
- Possibility to inject very viscous drugs
Safelia® will also be shown at next events we will attend:
- DDP, February 7-9, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, US
- INTERPHEX, March 8-10, New York, NY, US
- SMI PFS East Coast, April 26-27, Boston, MA, US
- FCE Pharma, May 23-25, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- SMI PFS West Coast, June 6-7, San Diego, CA, US
- CPhI China, June 20-22, Shanghai, China
- CPhI WorldWide, October 24-26, Frankfurt, Germany
- PDA Prefilled syringes and Injection devices, November 7-8, Vienna, Austria
- CPhI India, November 28-30, Bombay, India
A Pharmapack Exhibitor Award recognizes the product excellence in each criterion (role for health improvement, economical interest, user consideration and quality of pitch), a competitive differentiator, and clearly reflects excellence in pharma and biopharma development and manufacturing.
Nemera is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of drug delivery solutions. Its expertise covers all five modes of delivery: parenteral (autoinjectors, pens, safety devices & implanters), ophthalmic (multidose, preservative-free eyedroppers), nasal, buccal, auricular (pumps, valves and actuators for sprays), pulmonary (pMDIs, DPIs), dermal and transdermal (airless & atmospheric dispensers).
Nemera provides solutions for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology & generics industries, from full solution development to pure contract manufacturing, through customized solutions.