Nemera won the ‘Editor’s choice’ INTERPHEX Award, for its 2 step-autoinjector Safelia®March 29, 2017
After the ‘Patient Centricity & Customization’ Award at Pharmapack, Nemera was recognized for the ‘Editor’s choice’ Award at Interphex for its innovative autoinjector Safelia®.
International Pharmaceutical Expo (INTERPHEX), the premier event dedicated to pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovation, technology, and knowledge from development through commercialization and sponsored by the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA), has announced the winners for the INTERPHEX Exhibitor Awards for 2017.
Nemera was recognized for the ‘Editor’s choice’ for Safelia®.
Safelia® is an innovative autoinjector for prefilled syringes, available for 1 and 2.25 m sizes, suitable for large volume and high viscosity delivery through thinner needles. Safelia® can mechanically “tune” the injection thanks to design adjustments.
It has been designed to ease patients’ self-injection experience and to deliver the most challenging drugs, in subcutaneous or intramuscular layers.
Key benefits of Safelia®
- No initial injection peak
- Constant delivery flow
- Adjustable needle insertion speed
- Needle insertion disconnected from injection
- Automatic needle retraction
- Possibility to have thinner needles
- Syringe is held encapsulated through the barrel
- Syringe front housing
- No stress on the syringe flange
- Possibility to inject very viscous drugs
Safelia® will also be shown at next events we will attend:
- SMI PFS East Coast, April 26-27, Boston, MA, US
- FCE Pharma, May 23-25, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- SMI PFS West Coast, June 6-7, San Diego, CA, US
- CPhI China, June 20-22, Shanghai, China
- CPhI WorldWide, October 24-26, Frankfurt, Germany
- PDAPrefilled syringes and Injection devices, November 7-8, Vienna, Austria
- CPhI India, November 28-30, Bombay, India
To win an INTERPHEX Exhibitor Award, the exhibit/booth must excel in each criterion, rise above competitors, and clearly reflect excellence in pharma and biopharma development and manufacturing.
The judges evaluated each submitting exhibitors booth based on the following criteria:
- Overall Appeal/Experience (Design)
- Knowledge (Content)
- Product/Service Innovation
- New Technologies or Novel Implementation of Existing Technologies
- Advances in Features and Performance
- Development of Novel Technologies
- Novel Implementation of Existing Technologies
- Advances in Services Provision
- Significant New Services Additions
- Showcasing of Technical Knowledge
The Editor of Pharmaceutical Processing awards the Editor’s Choice Award, which is based upon her view of the best in exhibiting in Knowledge, Innovation, and Technologies within the pharma and biopharma industries.
The judges on this year’s Exhibitor Awards panel were Andrew Berg, Editorial Director, Pharmaceutical Processing; David Hall, Vice President of Sales, Parenteral Drug Association (PDA), Christa Myers, Associate/Senior Pharmaceutical Engineering Specialist, CRB; Matthew vonEsch, Senior Director, Manufacturing, Exelead; Gil Roth, Founder and President, Pharma & Biopharma Outsourcing Association (PBOA); Barry Holtz, Principal, Holtz Biopharma Consulting and Eric Jayjock, PhD,Director of Continuous Manufacturing, Patheon.
Nemera is a world leader in the design, development and manufacturing of drug delivery devices for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology & generics industries.
Nemera’s services and products cover several key delivery routes: parenteral (autoinjectors, pens, safety devices & implanters), ophthalmic (multidose, preservative-free eyedroppers), nasal, buccal, auricular (pumps, valves and actuators for sprays), pulmonary (pMDIs, DPIs), dermal and transdermal (airless & atmospheric dispensers).
Nemera always puts patients first, providing the most comprehensive range of devices in the industry, including off-the-shelf innovative systems, customized design development and contract manufacturing.