WITH NOVELIA®, 0% PRESERVATIVES, 100% EYE PROTECTION!
A multi-dose closing tip system which avoids the need for preservatives in the drug and prevents bacterial contamination over the duration of treatment.
- Preservative-free to respect the ocular surface
- 100% controlled and safe thanks to its patented PureFlow® Technology
- Blue tip for a better precision when targeting the eye
- User-friendly and intuitive, as easy to use as any standard eyedropper
- Calibrated drops, precise dose for a better adherence to the treatment
- One drop at a time into the patients’ eye
Nemera offers a broad range of configurations to accommodate all formulations
• PureFlow® 10 for very liquid formulations (viscosity of 1-10 cP)
• PureFlow® 200 for liquid formulations (viscosity of 10-200 cP)
• PureFlow® 1500 for viscous formulations (viscosity of 200-1500 cP)
• Standard current drop size is 40μl with water
• New drop sizes are in development (25μl-55μl range)
• LDPE: 5ml, 7.5ml, 11ml Standard, 11ml SOFT, 15ml SOFT
• PP: 5ml & 11ml in development
Preservatives have been shown to be harmful to the eye and can lead patients to discontinue or skip treatment to avoid irritation and discomfort. The new multidose ophthalmic packaging Novelia® avoids the need for preservatives in the drug by preventing contamination of unpreserved formulations. It represents a major innovation in ophthalmic drug delivery by providing a preservative-free alternative for chronic treatments in a patient-friendly package.
Novelia® has been well accepted by patients in over 25 countries worldwide (19 countries for Rx formulations)*, including US, European, Latin American and Asian countries. It is used for packaging of drug products as well as medical devices.
The key requirement for such a device is microbiological sterility; Novelia® has been tested and validated for content sterility and drop non-contamination for the treatment duration (90 days).